I was a busy bee the other night. I was really excited about a recipe I found for shower soothers and couldn’t resist giving them a try! First of all, like most of you, I had no idea what they were and what you do with them. They are basically little cakes of baking soda that you put on the floor in your shower while you shower and when the hot water hits them they release fragrant essential oils. I tried a lavender one last night and it was fantastic!
Essential oil of your choice (I made six cakes and used a different oil for each: sweet orange, lemon, cinnamon leaf, eucalyptus, pillow potion, and lavender.)
Silicone cupcake pan (I used a silicone mini bundt pan)
1. Mix 1 cup baking soda with 1/3 cup water
2. Fill each cupcake cup approx. half full with the baking soda/water mixture
3. Add a few drops of each essential oil to the half filled cups (I about 8 drops).
4. add more baking soda/water mix to essentially fill each cup the rest of the way
5. Bake for approx. 20 minutes at 350 degrees F
6. Allow to cool
7. Add a few drops of each essential oil to the top and bottom of each cup’s finished material
8. Store as is for up to 6 months or more. I placed mine in small ziploc bags and wrote the name of scent on each bag.
9. You can add a few drops of each essential oil directly before use for more scent strength.
You can find essential oils here.