The best thing about my morning is that first cup of coffee and the serenity that surrounds it. I absolutely crave getting up earlier than the rest of my family to enjoy those few minutes of reflection. I clear my mind and focus it on the day ahead. About three weeks ago my husband read about Bulletproof Coffee. He walked into the kitchen, took out the Magic Bullet, and started making it. He poured in coffee, added butter and coconut oil. I watched in horror as he wasted (or so I thought) 2 cups of coffee.
He took a sip, I waited….
The verdict? He said is was a little creamy and frothy and didn’t taste like butter at all. So I tried it. It was really good! It had a thicker frothiness to it than a cappuccino and I really enjoyed it.
Beyond the Taste: How I feel
Tasting good only gets you so far. Three weeks later, I am still drinking it every day. I actually CRAVE it in the morning. I feel great after just one cup of it. I’m energized, I feel alert, and focused. This feeling lasts all day. I also noticed that I’m not as hungry. I’m not intentionally trying to lose weight but I have noticed that I’ll have a cup of Bulletproof Coffee and then two hours later remember that I should eat breakfast. My husband feels the exact same way!
Sounds great but why?
According to the recipe’s creator, Dave Asprey, “It can promote brain function, memory, and energy levels. It can serve as a massive source of antioxidants and is associated with all sorts of positive health outcomes. Coffee can even effect your body and mind like Chi Gong exercises. It can even help you build muscle without exercising. You never feel hungry, get low energy, and as evidenced by our conversation with Chris Masterjohn, the saturated fat is good for you.”
Ingredients for Bulletproof Coffee (see Snapguide at bottom of post for slideshow instructions)
- At least 2tbs Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter (unsalted).
- 1-2tbs of MCT oil (15-30g or 15-30ml)
- 2 cups (~453g or 500ml) of hot coffee brewed with low-toxin beans (like Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee) using a stainless steel filter
Upgraded MCT oil is extracted from palm and coconut oil in a time consuming process, making it the most potent MCT on the market. No metal catalysts are used in the manufacturing process, and every batch of our MCT is tested for heavy metals. Upgraded MCT is 100% capric and caprylic acid and has a perfect 8-10 carbon saturated fat level.
The coffee can be DECAF! I haven’t switched to 100% decaf yet. The important thing to know is that the coffee has to be high quality coffee. Here are the reasons to consider buying Upgraded™ Coffee beans:
- It is carefully produced and tested with new and old methods to target the lowest toxin content vs. normal coffee, so you get all the benefits of coffee without the negative health effects.
- The beans are harvested from a single family-owned estate in Guatemala located 1250 meters above sea level, high enough to produce great coffee.
- The estate is Passive Organic and the family that owns it does not allow chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, etc.) It is not economical for Central American boutique coffee estates to become certified organic.
- They are hand picked by experienced coffee harvesters – skilled people who know how to pick only perfectly ripe berries.
- Most coffee beans are processed by either leaving them in the sun and elements to wither and dry, or by pressing them and letting them ferment (spoil) to remove the outer layer of the bean. Both of these techniques are known to produce significant levels of mycotoxins as they enhance flavor. Upgraded™ Coffee beans are mechanically processed right after picking using only clean cold water. This more expensive process is safer because it dramatically reduces harmful molds or bacteria from impacting your health.
- The beans are roasted in small batches by the #1 ranked roaster in United States under the strictest conditions. Roasting the beans enhances their antioxidant capacity and flavor to provide you with a healthier, tastier cup of coffee.
I am in love with this way to drink my morning cup of coffee! Buy it and try it. You WILL love it too!
Concerned about saturated fats? Here are some links to help ease your mind…
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.