Lets start with I’m 35 so here are 35 things you may not know about me! I think there are at least a couple of them that you might find interesting. 🙂
1. I used to eat horrible food and couldn’t even cook eggs. Read more about this here.
2. I’m writing this to avoid doing something else. Yes, I procrastinate on occasion.
3. I have identical twin daughters that are the center of my universe.
4. I homeschool and occasionally it really stresses me out. I hear that’s normal!
5. I have a full time job I get paid for with real money by someone else in addition to being CEO of the house and blogging.
6. I’m a General Contractor and Real Estate Agent in NC/SC. I ran my own very active construction company for several years.
7. I was a Surface Warfare Officer in the US Navy for 6 years. I was the Navigator on a Cruiser and the Fire Control Officer on a Destroyer.
8. I was going to start a coffee shop. I joined the SCAA, flew out to Seattle for a convention, and wrote a business plan. I love love love specialty coffee. I drink Bulletproof Coffee and my favorite beans are roasted at Counter Culture Coffee, I even tried to get a job with them!
9. I got married when I was 22 to my best friend. He and I have grown together so much since then. It is really amazing that we met so young and have changed a lot yet managed to travel down the same path.
10. I want more kids but have hormone issues that I’m trying to correct with herbal medicine. Unfortunately I have been horrible about drinking my tea so I am making no progress. I’ll get there.
11. We sold our house last summer for a loss so that we could change the way we were living. We are now under contract to purchase a home on acreage. Read more about this here.
12. I have a thing for coffee mugs. None of my coffee mugs match. Each one has a story. Here is one that I bought for a joke over Christmas.
13. My husband and I have dubbed 2013 the “Year of the Move” since 5 family members (including us) have moved or have plans to move this year.
14. I’m inconsistently moving through my 12 months to toxin free plan. Thank goodness I made the goals achievable! I’m really glad I wrote it the way I did. I’m winning even when I feel like I’m losing!
15. My favorite color is blue but I think I look good in black.
16. I used to Crossfit but sometimes I’m really cheap about stuff like that and inconsistent so I cancelled. I still get the itch and swing the kettlebell at home. We have plans to set up our own workout space in our new house so we can get our workout in!
17. I love ice cream from Strawberry Hill Farms in Cooley Springs, SC. I’ve been getting the homemade blackberry with a scoop of homemade banana. YUM!
18. I wear yoga pants 85% of the time and refer to them as “stretchy pants” just like Jack Black does in the movie Nacho Libre. The other 15% of the time I’m in jeans or a comfy dress that I refer to as a “pajama dress.”
19. I soak my feet almost every night in epsom salts. I look forward to this time of the day. One of my daughters is copying me while I write this and is soaking her feet. 🙂
20. I’m originally from Massachusetts but I live in North Carolina and I love being in the south.
21. I went to college at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and that is where I met my husband. I loved my time there despite the cold! Espresso Royale was my favorite coffee shop.
22. I want to write a book about my journey because I’m a real person doing it that has successes and failures like real people do. If I can do it, others can too!
23. I like to travel. I’ve been to 21 countries so far!
24. Since we sold our house we have been squatters (LOL) in my in-laws’ house while we look for a new one and they are out of the country for work. We have all of our boxes throughout the house and now we have my brother in-law and sister in-law’s boxes too since they moved out here from Long Beach, CA. Thankfully, they are squatting in South Carolina. 🙂 Like I mentioned above, 2013 is the Year of the Move. We jokingly say that we live in a storage unit. Hopefully only for a couple more months!
25. I’m obsessive about reading so I don’t let myself do it too much. If I start a good book I’ll stay up until I finish it. This hurts my ability to be successful at life.
26. If I’m feeling frustrated and not making progress with something I stop, take a break (or go to bed) and come back to it when I’m in the right frame of mind. I have found this to be the best method for me to maximize productivity and success!
27. I wear fake diamond earrings every day because I love them and they’re sparkly. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone.
28. I owned a Porsche Boxster convertible once and I purr every time one drives by me while I’m rocking my 2008 Honda Odyssey.
29. I want to be a gardener and grow my own veggies but I’m not good at it.
30. I watch The Vampire Diaries, Trueblood, The Mentalist, Arrow, Suits, Fringe, Homeland, and House of Cards. None of these I watch regularly. I go through spurts where TV interests me and I watch them online. I do not have cable.
31. I’m suspicious that my kids are hiding rolls of toilet paper somewhere since it disappears so quickly.
32. I would live in Maine if it wasn’t so cold for such a long period of time.
33. I love hiking, camping (remotely), canoeing, and fishing (as long as someone is there to take the fish off the line).
34. I like sleeping with a big down comforter.
35. “Trust but Verify” is one of my mottos and words to live by. Living a life without trust is sad but I believe “Trust but Verify” is a good compromise.
There you go! Now you know me a little better. Anything on this list you can relate to?