I’ve had so many things going on in my life lately that sometimes I just want to kick back with a nice adult beverage and take a break. I’m going to give you a quick synopsis of my kind of crazy….
1. My Dad and Stepmother moved from Massachusetts to South Carolina. I flew up and drove a car down. They rented then bought a house and moved in within about a month’s time.
2. My sister moved locally.
3. My in-laws came back to visit for a month from England.
4. My brother in-law and sister in-law sold their home in Long Beach, CA and moved to South Carolina. My husband drove a car from CA to SC with his brother and we all helped them move their stuff.
5. We’ve been looking for a home and went under contract on what we thought was our dream farmhouse and then it fell through. We then found another (much better) home and we are under contract on it. It is unfinished so now we have to plan out the construction process to complete it.
6. We are heading to England to visit my in-laws soon.
7. I started a new job.
8. I home school the kids and I’m trying to make all these changes I write about in this blog.
Thank God everyone is healthy and this is all I have to worry about. But still, I need a drink….
Gin and Tonic with lime
I like Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. I love Q Tonic (check out this sample pack–so cool) or if you want a more economical option I buy the Whole Foods 365 brand tonic water. Both have REAL sugar in them instead of HFCS. I can’t handle Schweppes or Canada Dry with all that junk in them. I’ll kill my liver with alcohol but won’t consume HFCS. Don’t judge. 🙂 Here’s how I mix it…
2 shots of gin (about 3 ounces)
4-6 shots of tonic water (6-9 ounces depending on how strong you like it)
1 shot of lime juice (fresh squeezed organic limes) *Don’t forget to wash your limes and only put a lime wedge in the drink if it is organic and washed well.
Add ice cubes. Quick tip for ice cubes…pour some tonic water into an ice cube tray and freeze! This will prevent the watering down of your drink! Check out these fun ice cube trays.
Sweet Tea Vodka with Trader Joes Sparkling Pink Lemonade (The Drunk Arnold Palmer) 🙂
This is AWESOME–and dangerous! I love the touch of carbonation with this drink. Cold, fizzy and fun. I recommend you experiment with the ratios. This is how I do it.
2 shots of Sweet Tea Vodka (about 3 ounces)
4-6 shots of Trader Joes Sparkling Pink Lemonade or this.
Add ice cubes. Again, flavored ice cubes help keep it from watering down. Make lemonade ice cubes!
Malibu Coconut Rum and Trader Joes Sparkling Limeade
When I look at a drink menu I usually read “Blah blah blah, MALIBU, yes please!” Coconut Rum just SCREAMS summertime! I randomly mixed it with some TJs Limeade and BAM! I think this would probably be great with Tequila too.
Want to get REALLY crazy? Try making your own Mason Jar Adult Sippy Cups!!! LOL!
Photo Credit for the photo at the top of this post: Dave Gough. It is a photo of cocktail straws! How cool is that?