I’m all about keeping things simple. When I travel for work I want to maintain my overall wellness and energy levels. Here are 8 products that help me do just that.
1. Thieves essential oil blend is the one I do not want to leave home without. Thieves supports healthy immune function and may contribute to overall wellness when taken as a dietary supplement. I’ve taken it by simply putting a drop in a teaspoon of honey or got a little of it on a toothpick and swirled it in a cup of tea. It is really that simple. It contains Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system. Thieves just happens to also have a warm fragrance that reminds me of Christmas time.
2. Purfication essential oil blend is in my travel bag because I like to diffuse to freshen air and eliminate odors in the hotel room. I have this vision of it purifying the room. I don’t really like thinking about the number of people who staying in that room before me and this makes the room seem fresh and new. My wife makes a little spray bottle with a few drops in some water. I have also put a few drops on cotton balls and placed on vents in in the hotel room or even in the vents of my rental car to freshen the air.
3. Joy™ essential oil blend is an unexpected favorite aroma for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love the more masculine blends like Believe and Shutran but when I diffuse Joy, it creates a warm, comforting environment. That is an environment I really enjoy creating when I’m having a stressful day at work. I even have a travel USB diffuser I can stick in my laptop.
4. AlkaLime is a supplement I take in the evenings before bed or after a meal that makes me feel like my acid/alkaline balance is off. It has lemon and lime essential oils and organic whole lemon powder. AlkaLime neutralizes acidity and stabilizes pH levels to maintain overall health and vigor. I enjoy the flavor too. It fizzes a little when you put it in a glass of water.
5. Peppermint essential oil is a favorite of mine to take on trips. I LOVE the invigorating aroma. The main reason I bring it is for its ability to support gastrointestinal system comfort, promoting healthy bowel function, and enhancing healthy gut function. Who doesn’t want to maintain the efficiency of the digestive track? The added bonus is that when I work out it may support performance during exercise, yet another thing I need. It is a key ingredient in DiGize™ essential oil blend which, if I remember to grab it, I often take along as well.
6. Super C is another travel staple. It has been reformulated which made me really excited. The new formula is made with exotic camu camu, rose hip, and acerola and is fructose-free. With the vitamin C content increased from 117 mg to over 150 mg, Super C offers all the vitamin C that your body needs. Best of all, it’s a delicious, easily digestible formula, so getting the kids to take it hasn’t been a struggle at all.
7. NingXia Red® comes with me on my trips too. I am a big believer in the power of antioxidants to support our immune systems and overall wellness. There are many balanced ingredients that make NingXia Red a whole-body nutrient infusion for health and wellness support. One of the top things I need when I travel is energy support, thankfully, Ningxia Red gives me that. I’ve had some weakness where my eye health is concerned so I am happy that this also supports normal eye health. I want to do everything I can to stay healthy. Keeping up with an energetic set of twin girls, a very motivated wife, and a demanding job requires me to be on the top of my game. I really enjoy the taste and all it takes is 1 oz a day. I am way more consistent about that then anything else I’ve ever tried to take in my life.
8. Lavender essential oil is a must have for me. Lavender is a key ingredient in some of my family’s favorite Young Living blends like Stress Away™, Tranquil™, RutaVaLa™, Forgiveness™, and Harmony™. For me, I enjoy diffusing Lavender on its own for a comforting and calming scent. I wouldn’t really call myself a bath person but every now and then I like to unwind by adding a few drops to a nighttime bath. I just take a scoop of epsom salts and add about 5 drops of Lavender to them. Click here for another great essential oil I like to use post workout.
How do I carry all of this stuff? If I don’t feel like taking the whole 5 ml bottle of essential oil, then I put the small sample 1/4 dram bottles you see in the above picture into one of these keychain cases. Mine of course, has the Young Living logo on it. I used to this this whole essential oil thing was nuts. I’m so happy I gave it a chance and started using these products. I’ll admit it, Kara made a great decision the day she got the Premium Starter Kit.