The girls and I are getting ramped up for Valentine’s Day by starting our Valentine themed crafts! I always raid the $1 area at Target for the latest holiday craft items. I picked up some foam hearts the other day. The foam shaped crafts are fantastic for the spur of the moment craft. Sometimes I don’t plan ahead and it is so nice to be able to just whip something like this out.
Here’s the supply list (per child):
- 1 Foam heart
- 1 pipe cleaner
- 1 clothes pin (if you want a convenient way to hang it)
- 2 googly eyes
- 4 small foam hearts for hands and feet
- glitter glue or glitter and glue (glitter glue helps you avoid the glitter bomb effect….glitter all over your house). Use this for the mouth and nose. You could use a pom pom or another small heart for the nose too!
- hot glue gun to stick everything together (holds the best)
- wire cutters or amazing scissors to cut the pipe cleaner into arms and legs.
Directions: Assemble as you see in the photo. You simply glue the clothes pin on the back so you can easily clip the craft as shown on your blinds, curtains, or in your plants!